Add a New Article
- Navigate to Content > Articles.
- Click Add New Article button.
- Enter a title, category, series, date, and author then click Save Content.
- Enter in a brief summary, any keywords, and your content then click Add Content.
- Attach any related images, audio, video, and notes then click Submit Selections, Done, or Upload.
- Choose how you want to publish your article, or keep it as a draft until later.
Step by Step
To add a new article to your website, navigate over to Content > Articles and then click on the Add New Article button located near the top of the page on the right hand side.
Step 1 - Details
NOTE: These are the items that will be at the beginning of your Articles page.
- Give your article a Title (This is the only required field).
- Assign as many Categories to your article as are appropriate from the dropdown.
- If your article belongs to a series, be sure to select it from the dropdown, or click the Plus icon to add a new one.
- If you are not planning on publishing your article right away, you can change the Date that will appear next to the article on your website.
- Be sure to select the author(s) that wrote the article.
- If you need to add a new author, click the -- Create New Author -- option from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the author's First Name, and Last Name then click Add New Author
- When all of this information has been entered fully, click Save Content.
Step 2 - Content
NOTE: This content is displayed within the RSS feed and on the individual Article page.
- Write a brief Summary of what your article is about. (This can be displayed on different parts of your website depending on how your site was developed)
- Enter as many Keywords for your article as are appropriate. (Keywords are used to help improve search)
- The Content Editor is where you will type your article. (For a full explanation of all the Content Editor options check out this article)
- When all of the content has been entered fully, click Save Content.
Step 3 - Media
NOTE: Default output for Articles does not usually include Media. However, this is available if needed. Use this step to connect any media with your article. By doing this, your media will be published to your RSS feed and make it available within the Articles page.
- If you already have media items uploaded to your website, you can select them at the top of the page.
- If you have not already added the items to your website, you can browse for your file and upload it using the form provided on the Media page.
- When all of your media content has been selected, click Done.
Step 4 - Publish
- To publish an article in the future, select a date under the Toggle publishing status on this date field.
- You can choose to publish the article right away by clicking Publish.
- You can choose to publish the article right away as a featured article by clicking Publish as Featured.
- You can choose to keep the article as a draft by clicking Keep as Draft.