Add a new Sermon
- Navigate to Content > Sermons.
- Click the Add New Sermon button.
- Enter a title, category, series, key passage date, and preacher then click Save Content.
- Enter in a brief summary, any keywords, and your content then click Add Content.
- Upload any related images, audio, video, and notes then click the Submit Selections, Done, or Upload button.
- Choose how you want to publish your sermon, or keep it as a draft until later.
Step by Step
To add a new sermon to your website, navigate over to Content > Sermons and then click on the Add New Sermon button located near the top of the page on the right hand side.
Step 1 - Details
NOTE: These items are often used to filter the sermons on your website
- Give your sermon a Title (This is the only required field).
- Assign as many Categories to your sermon as are appropriate from the dropdown.
- If your sermon belongs to a Series, be sure to select it from the dropdown, or click the Plus icon to add a new one.
- If you are not planning on publishing your sermon right away, you can change the Date that will appear next to the sermon on your website.
- Be sure to select the preacher that gave the sermon.
- If you need to add a new preacher, click the -- Create New Preacher -- option from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the preacher's First Name, and Last Name then click the Add New Preacher button
- When all of this information has been entered fully, click the Save Content button.
Step 2 - Content
NOTE: This content is displayed within the RSS feed and on the individual Sermon page.
- Write a brief Summary of what your sermon is about. (This can be displayed on different parts of your website depending on how your site was developed)
- Enter as many Keywords for your sermon as are appropriate. (Keywords are used to help improve search)
- The Content Editor can be used to place any type of information related to your sermon. Some churches place a transcript of each sermon here. Other churches opt to place the sermon notes for the sermon here. Please note that not all templates utilize this field. (For a full explanation of all the Content Editor options check out this article)
- When all of the content has been entered, click the Save Content button.
Step 3 - Media
- If you already have media items uploaded to your website, you can select them at the top of the page.
- If you have not already uploaded your media from the Media Module, you can browse for your file and upload it using the form provided.
- When all of your media content has been selected, click the Done button.
Step 4 - Publish
- You can choose to publish by clicking the Publish button.
- You can choose to publish the sermon as a featured sermon by clicking the Publish as Featured button.
- You can choose to keep the sermon as a draft by clicking the Keep as Draft button.