Products are found on sites as example.com/family-slug/product-slug/. As such, each product needs to be assigned to at least one family.
For example, if you have a family named 'Manuals' and a product in that family named 'Desk Assembly Instructions', the product can be found at example.com/manuals/desk-assembly-instructions/.
Products can be added to families via the context menu on the product list page.
Step 1: Add the Product
- Product Code: Must be a unique name between other products and families. You will be notified if not unique.
- Name: The name of the product. Must be unique among other products. This will be display on the product list and detail pages on your site.
- Images: You may upload new or select existing images. Depending on your implementation, the three images may appear in different places.
- Description: A detail description of the product.
- Keywords: Also known as tags. Helpful in categorizing and organizing your products.
- Price: The price that customers will be charged:
- Sale Price: Set a temporary lower price that will override the price.
- Need Ship Address?: If checked we will ask customers for shipping address as well as billing address.
- Shipping Group: See the main shipping article.
- Type: If your site combines skus with products, you will be able to select the sku type and any additional fields here.
- More Options: you can set the monklet and default template here. Typically both will be set to default. Only change templates as instructed.
Step 2 of 2: Publish the Product
- Keep as Draft: Saves the Product but does not make it available to the public.
- Publish: Saves the Product and makes it available to the public.
- Publish as Featured: Depending on your implementation, this may make the Product appear on your home page or other designated area, depending in your template design.
- More Options: You may choose to add your Product to a Group. You may add additional Public or Private Group under: People > Groups.