Here is a simplified overview of how to add a new sermon to your site.
- Navigate to Content > Sermons.
- Click "Add a New Sermon".
- Follow the four-step process to add sermon details, content, interactive notes*, and media.
1. Enter Sermon Details
Fill out the following sermon detail information.
- Title: the title of the sermon appearing on the live site. (Required).
- Category: Categories to differentiate by topic (prayer, bible, humility, pride, love, etc).
- Series: A Series can contain a number of sermons, typically for display in a grouped fashion on the site. Each Series can have its own description and image.
- Key Passage: To associate one main Scripture passage (currently in the King James Version only).
- Date: The date will default to the previous Sunday. If the sermon was given on another date, specify it here.
- Preacher: Select from a drop-down list or add a preacher by clicking on the "+" icon.
2. Enter Sermon Content
Add the following sermon content (none are required).
- Summary: Typically a single-sentence description used for RSS feeds and podcasts.
- Keywords: Benefits search engine optimization.
- Content: a longer description of the sermon or the entire transcript. If you have sermon notes in a Powerpoint or PDF format, that media can be added in the "Notes" option on the Media screen next.
3. Add Interactive, Fill in the Blank, Notes *
- Using the note editor you can copy/paste or write out your weekly fill in the blank notes.
- When you have a word or phrase that you want the visitor to fill in, you will click the Insert/Edit Answer button and type the answer into the modal that appears.
- If you want to allow the visitor to add some of their own notes, you can click the Insert Free Form Note. You can edit the placeholder text by selecting it in the notes editor and typing a new phrase.
- When you rnotes are finished, click the Save button.
4. Link Sermon Media
If you have previously uploaded your sermon media files into the Media module, you may select your media (notes, audio, image, video) from the drop-down lists. This media will be associated with the sermon listing on your site for users to watch a video, listen to the audio file, or download a document.
If you have not uploaded your Media yet, you may do so via the media uploader within the Sermons module in the bottom portion of the Sermon Media screen.
Set the publish status of the sermon:
- Keep as Draft: Allows the user to continue working on the sermon when it's not yet ready to go live.
- Publish: Publishing pushes the sermon out to the live site.
- Publish as Featured: This will add an additional flag to the sermon which can allow it to be displayed differently on the site. Depending on the web designer's solution, featured content can appear in special places (like on the home page) or appear highlighted within a list.
* To use the Interactive Note functionality your sermon layout must implement this feature. If your layout does not include the Interactive Note tags, the option will not appear in the CMS to add them.