Booklists and Categories
Adding a Booklist
A Booklist is a way to keep Book records into organized groups.All books must belong to a booklist. Examples of Booklist names might be "Staff Picks", "Training Resources" or "Book Club".
Each Booklist can utilize a unique page Template, otherwise they will use the default Books template created by your developer.
- Go to Content > Books > Booklists.
- Click the Add a New Booklist button.
- Give the list a name and description.
- Set the Booklist Group. If you aren't using Groups on your site, the default Site Group should be used.
- Verify that your default or desired Template is set.
- Click Create.
To add a book to your new Booklist:
- Go to Content > Books
- Select any books you'd like to add to the booklist
- In the upper right hand corner, select "Edit Selected Books"
- Under option "Add Booklist" select the correct booklist
- Click "Submit"
Adding a Book Category
A Books Category offers another way to filter Books. Categories are much simpler and don't require much setup.
- Go to Content > Books > Caregories.
- Click the Add a New Category button.
- Enter a category name. If you'd like to make this a sub-category under an existing category, select the Parent. Though both parent and sub-categories are used in the same way on the website, it can be helpful to arrange them here for your reference.