e360 ChMS - Giving - Inputting and Importing Donations
Giving - Inputting And Importing Donations
This allows for the batch inputting of giving information.
- Enter the expected total in the "Batch Total" box. This will be used to check your inputting of individual records below.
- In the member box, start typing a name, and then choose from the suggestions.
- Hit the "Tab" key. Select the giving, "Category".
- Hit the "Tab" key. Enter an amount without a dollar sign.
- Once you run out of fields, you can hit the tab key to select "Add five more lines". Then hit, "Enter".
- Repeat until you are done; then, click, "Save".
You can import giving from a CSV file. This makes it much easier to transfer in giving from online giving services.
- To get started importing giving, go to Utilities > Import Giving. Note: you must have the "input batch giving" permission to use this tool.
- Choose your comma separated value (CSV) file, and enter the column headers for each of the required columns. Click, "Next".
- Review the proposed import:
- We attempt to match the first and last name given to names in the system. However, if we can't you will need to use the search box to choose an existing person, or choose the "Anonymous" person. Once you fix one name, if there are other entries with that same name, you'll be given the option to automatically update all of them.
- We also try to match the giving category in the import with the ones you already have in the system. However, if there isn't a match, you will need to manually choose, and, once again, you'll be given the option to update all.
- If the date isn't in a format we can understand, you'll be asked to enter one.
Once you've satisfied with the proposed import, click "Save". You're done!
The import will correctly group entries for people who have chosen to have their giving grouped under their primary family member.