e360 ChMS - Importing, Exporting, Merging Individuals
Import Member Data
This allows for the importing of members into the system. You can also update member information this way. If you are importing a member and the first and last names match a member in the system, that person will be updated with the new information. The type of file needed for the import is a Comma Separated Value file (CSV). Many spreadsheet and contact manger applications will export/Save-As to this format. For instance, in Microsoft Excel, Go to "Save As", and choose "Comma Separated Value (.CSV)". You can import as much or as little information as you have on someone.
Download a sample .CSV file here.
- Select the file by clicking, "Browse".
- Enter the Column header names from your spreadsheet. If you do not have a column that is asked for, or, if you wish not to import that information, leave it blank. This is case sensitive and must match exactly.
- If you wish to place the soon-to-be-imported members into any groups, select those too. To select multiples, hold the CTRL key (WIndows) or Command key (OS X) and click the group names.
- Click, "Submit", at the bottom.
- You will now be shown a screen to confirm your import/update. If the member already exists, he/she will have a green check mark, and any changes to their information will be shown in bold. Example: "Address: 123 High Drive -> 456 Low Road". This shows the old information on the left, and the new on the right.
If you are satisfied with the purposed changes, click, "Yes", at the top. If not, revise the data in your original spreadsheet/contact manager and re-import.
From here you can export a CSV file of the membership information for all of the people in the system. This can easily be opened in Excel or other spreadsheet/database programs.