e360 ChMS - Permissions and Roles
You can allow certain people access to certain parts of the application. This is accomplished using Roles. Roles are groupings of permissions - allowances to do or view certain actions of parts of the application. These roles are assigned to members. For instance, it is possible to only let someone view members' data, not edit it, and enter attendance.
This allows more people to be involved in the managing of the church's information BUT only within the areas assigned to them.
Set Up Admin
An admin has all rights and permissions cannot be edited.
1. Select permissions on the side bar, and click on "Roles".
2. Select the + sign.
3. Indicate persons name already in database. (If they are not in the database then you must create a person in the database before giving them admin permissions.)
Add Role with Special Permissions
Add a person that has limited access to the site.
1. Select permissions on the side bar, and then click on "Roles".
2. Create a role in the indicated field. (ie. Pastoral)
3. Select pencil to edit.
4. Check the boxes next to the permissions you would like to give this role.
Allows entire congregation to access limited information without giving permissions.
1. Select permissions on the side bar.
2. Choose what information the congregation will be able to see.
Login As User
This can be used to see how any person will see the site when they log in.
1. Search person.
2. Click on "Account" and then "Login as this user".
3. Click around and see what they see.
4. When you are done, click on your name in the side bar to return to your account.