What's the difference between Blogs and Articles?
In short, Blogs is the module of choice for bloggers and other authors of regularly updated content, while Articles can address a wider range of content management needs and typically require customization to meet those needs.
A Blog can be easily set up as a list of select Blog Posts, while Article lists typically display all Articles in the CMS (unless otherwise filtered by a developer in the site templates). This being the case, the Articles module is a bit more open-ended.
Here's an example of a use for Blog Posts:
Here's an example of a use for Articles:
The two modules also have these differences:
- More options for attaching media items (video, audio, image, document)
- The concept of an article Series (a container of Articles, with the option of providing an image and description for the Series itself)
- Multiple authors can be specified for one Article
- RSS feeds for Articles can be created in the Feeds module
- A special URL for each Blog (www.site.com/your-blog-name/)
- Each Blog can have its own link in the navigation
- Commenting, with comment notification emails for the author
- RSS feeds automatically created for each Blog